- Do Not Upload Torrents that are Fake, Infected or Spam.
- No Malicious Content such as Keyloggers or Bitcoin Miners
- No Password Protected torrents, any passwords must be included in a text file within the torrent.
- Child Pornography and Zoophilia are strictly forbidden.
- Do not Re-Tag/De-Tag other users Torrents.
- No Manipulating or Faking the Seed Count.
- Do Not Upload Torrents containing Real Violence, Rape, Coprophilia or any Torrent Intentionally Provoking Hatred & Violence.
- No Incest Pornography, Role Play must be made clear in the description.
- Should your torrent receive a genuine DMCA complaint it will be removed, you cannot appeal and we will not restore them.
For Porn Uploaders:
- If actresses are of questionable age - proof will be gathered by mods. If no/insufficient proof has been found the torrent will be removed without warning. Too many of these incidents will cause your upload rights to be revoked.
- Screenshots should be uploaded in the screenshot tab - not displayed in the descriptions.
How to Apply for Uploader Status:
- Submit a request preferably in English, state your intentions and the type of torrents you want to upload. The more specific, the better your request.
How to gain Verified Uploader Status (VUL):
- Upload a minimum of 20 torrents consistently over a 4 week period.
- Torrents must be seeded and contain some description.
- More Information: Thread: So you want to be a Verified Uploader V3
How to Gain Elite Uploader Status (EUL):
- Been a Verified Uploader for at least 3 months.
- Good description is mandatory.
- No dumping torrents from any other source or a history of doing so. Deleting any previous dumps will NOT gain you Elite Status.
- Comment about the quality of the actual torrent, the content of the torrent is irrelevant.
- As long you mention the quality of the torrent you may make a very brief comment regarding the content.
- Your Rating of a torrent should be based on the torrent quality not the content.
- Commenting on your own torrents is only allowed to answer questions.
- Choose your Username & Avatar wisely, Anything obscene, hateful, racist or violating rules will be removed. Nudity in your avatar is also not allowed.
- Cursing is allowed on your profile but insulting others is not.
- No pornographic imagery, hateful or racist posts.
- Please keep your signature to a reasonable size: 500x100 or 400x200 should be enough.
- Duplicate accounts are strictly forbidden.
Blogs are a personal space, good judgement is still required before posting.
- Any attempt to intimidate, mock or bully another User, Mod, Staff or Admin may result in the loss of your account.
- Racism, hatred or religious propaganda is strictly forbidden.
- Only 1 Blog per 24 hrs is allowed, daily blogs are fine.
- Do not post Blogs that are too short, common sense should be used.
- Post your Threads in the correct section, any threads posted in the wrong section will be moved by mods.
- Cursing is not allowed the only exceptions are the Adult section and certain Social Groups.
- Serial Numbers, Keygens & Cracks are only allowed in PM.
- No duplicate Threads, please use the search function before posting.
- Respect and consideration should be shown towards all users at all times.
- Any type of bullying is strictly forbidden and will be taken very seriously.
- The Bloves Rule. If a user is unable to understand our rules or cooperate with the mods in solving the rule violation issue, he will fall under the Bloves Rule and declared a persona non grata. Any of his further established accounts will be removed after a first serious violation and the staff will refuse to cooperate with this user in order to solve this problem.
- You may post external links depending on their nature and where they lead to. The link should be related to the subject/topic where you intend to post. Common sense should be used when posting links to ensure the safety of our users. Mods will decide at their own discretion whether or not to remove a link they consider unsafe or not welcome.
- If you have any user related issues or regarding the site in general, feel free to contact a member of the team listed HERE. It is common courtesy that you maintain a respectful attitude as you will receive from all members of the team.
- Please use the FAQ which may well have the answer to your question or issue.
- The administration holds no responsibilities for any damage that may occur while using our website or due to torrents you might find through our website.
- The administration holds no direct responsibility for interaction between the users, although we do our best to regulate it. You are personally responsible for disclosing or exchanging any kind of personal information between you and other users through personal messages, statuses, comments or forum posts. We are not responsible for any harm that may occur due to such situations.
- The administration holds no responsibility for any legal or copyright Issues. Each user should personally check local copyright laws and regulations and the rules of their internet service provider.
- Should anything occur that isn't mentioned here it doesn't mean it is allowed or not considered violation of the rules.
- Mods, Staff & Site Admin will deal with certain situations on a case-by-case basis.
- We want every user to feel welcome here, have fun, make friends and enjoy the site features & functions as much as possible. In order to do that it is important that every user follows our rules.
The KAT Team
Verified Uploaders Rules
- As soon as you receive the Verified Uploader or Elite Uploader status you become a member of the Kickass Team. As a Verified Uploader/Elite Uploader we protect your uploads and you as a user, but you need to stick to following rules.
- As a Verified Uploader/Elite Uploader you are still obliged to follow the main rules of the website. In addition you receive a number of rules concerning your uploads. Please follow them or else you might lose your Verified Uploader/Elite Uploader status and even your account.
- A Verified Uploader/Elite Uploader is a representative of KickassTorrents, so you must be a role model for other uploaders or users. Please pay more attention to your language, withdraw from all possible conflicts and stick to the rules.
- If you feel that your torrent/profile was removed for no reason, due to a mistake or personal conflict - feel free to contact Mr.White9236 or Mr.Gooner511.1K by PM.
Rules for all Verified Uploaders
- As a VUL you are required to upload (per month) 20 torrents minimum spread over the month for 3 following months from the date you are verified
- All uploads must not break any site rule
- You must not upload .torrent files within your torrent. All uploaded content must be in the torrent you upload here! Any torrent uploaded should not require any further downloading of files via another torrent or File Host Any one uploading .torrent files embedded inside torrents will be subject to Loss of Status
- Password protected archives are not allowed unless you supply the password in the description and in a text file in the torrent itself.
- Encrypted Torrents are not permitted and will be treated in the same way as a .torrent file.
- Commenting on own torrents is not allowed. Repeat offenders will loose their VUL Status.
- Replying to Comments questions etc posted by other users is the only time we expect to see you comment on your own torrents
- All VUL's are required to Seed all their uploads and maintain a minimum of 1 seed per torrent.
- Some unseeded torrents will be over looked however anything uploaded in the last 48hrs found: unseeded, paused, stalled or Deliberately Limited: Will be unverified without Warning! You then have 24hrs to return to seeding it fully
- Torrents still not seeding properly after that 24hrs will be Subject to Removal Any further torrents like this in the next 30 days will result in the loss of your VUL status.
- Important: If for any reason you are unable too seed your torrents: you are required to either PM a member of staff or update your status to state your problem. Any new uploads you cannot seed due to this problem need to be Deleted until you can return to seeding them properly.
- Manipulating the seed count in any way to get your torrents to show up on the main page is forbidden!
- Any verified uploader found to be pausing/capping their seeding/uploading will be subject to the removal of the torrent and/or to a suspension from Verified Status determined by Staff/Admin.
- Any Tracker you use should connect correctly and show correct seed/leech count as advertised, any trackers used to fake the seed count will be removed and blocked by our System and you will loose your VUL Status.
- Your uploads should continue to have good & correct descriptions.
- Links to images or samples located on an external site for streaming or downloading is not allowed. This also applies to any other kind of link to external sites.
- Definition of a link to an external site: Clickable or non clickable text of a sites url this includes text embedded in images.
- Anyone found using external links to streaming or download sites will be subject to loss of torrents until you have edited them and removed all links. Frequent problems with links could lose your VUL status this will be left to the mod dealing with the problem. Such links will be added to our list of spam sites preventing further use.
- EUL: No dumping of torrents from any other source EUL found dumping will loose their Elite Status and it will not be returned.
- VUL: You may Dump but if a title is released say today you have 48hrs in which to upload these kind of torrents. Anything outside this time frame is not allowed, if found dumping outside the time frame constantly will result in loss of VUL Status
- When you request verified status you are agreeing that you intend to regularly upload to KAT. If a 6 month period passes with no uploading, your status will be removed and you'll be required to start the VUL process over again, in order for it to be returned.
- All Uploaders must cooperate with our Moderation Team staff & Admin, when contacted regarding any issues. Failure to cooperate or aggressive behaviour will result in the loss of your VUL Status, failure to cooperate too many times and you will fall into the sites Blove Rules:
The Bloves Rule.
If a user is unable to understand our rules or cooperate with the mods in solving the rule violation issue, he will fall under the the Bloves Rule and declared a persona non grata. Any of his further established accounts will be removed after a first serious violation and the staff will refuse to cooperate with this user in order to solve this problem.
- Once verified you will continue to upload (per month) 20 torrents minimum spread over the month for 3 following months from being verified. This does not include doing a 40 one month and having a break for the next month, there is no way round this wanting to be verified should mean you intend to be a serious uploader.
The Official Guide for KickassTorrents Translation Interface
First of all thank you for participating, your time and effort are appreciated.
KAT is a Global site and the contribution made by the Translation Team help make KAT easily available for all people in this Global Community.
The Following Guide is for KAT Translation Team members and it explains how to use Translation Page Interface.
- The translation panel can be found here here.
When you enter the panel you will be offered to select a language from the tag cloud or dropdown list, select your language and you will be redirected to the translation page.
The language page shows several columns but the most important are id, description, plural, original, versions and comments.
- Id is the code of the item, it can be used to make search easier or sent to other translators instead of the phrase;
- Description points to the original position of the item (f.e. community/index means that the text is located on the community index page), can also contain a screenshot of the phrase on the website, example of the phrase on the website or a small clarification of the special symbols (%1, %2, etc.);
- Plural indicates if the item possibly requires more than one translation for certain phrase;
- Original is the original English phrase;
- Versions is for translation text; This may have several versions due to edits and possibly due to the Original Text in English being updated;
- Comments can be used for describing the way in which you have translated an item, this is very important when you editing already translated string.
It is also a useful area for Newer Team Members to follow reasons for previous Edits.
Above the main Translation you can see if the language is finished (the percentage) and you can see other Translators who are working within the team upon the same Language.
The listed Translators are generated automatically by Naming all people who took part in the selected translation. Some have retired others may have moved to other work areas within KAT, only green Names are current translators.
It is very important that you avoid translating phrases in other languages and stick to your own language. Translators in each language are working as a team, therefore they have chosen certain terminology and have their plans as a unit, editing items without prior notice of team members will interfere with their work and will be considered unethical. If you are fluent in more languages, please use the message system to contact members of another language team to offer help. Do not simply Edit something as you feel your version is better.
To translate new item click on the Cloud sign in Versions columns and you will be offered a box where you can enter your text. After that press submit button and your translation will appear in the versions column, the translation will not appear on site in real time, all translation will go live only after site release performed by wizards (it may took up to several weeks). The pencil allows editing the translation and the red cross allows to delete a translation.
If you have any doubts about a translation please leave a message in the comment field (the last column). If you can't come to some compromise or the other translators are not replying to the comment, please notify Mr.White9236 or johnno2334.43K for assistance.
The language percentage is calculated from the number of finished version fields so it is important to fill them all.
If a translation for a phrase or words (e.g. API, seed, leech, etc.) do not exist then keep the English and save. If after bringing your language to 100% you still see untranslated words on site, please notify Mr.White9236 he will make this words available for translation.
Phrases can hold special symbols like %1 or parts of the code. Please make sure that you stick to the Original layout and translate only the words outside the symbols and code.
If you have doubts about a phrase you have several options.
You can post in this thread Thread: Translator Issues .
You can also discuss the situation with the entire team in this area Thread: Translator Chat .
If you still have no solution the please alert Mr.White9236 or johnno2334.43K via PM.
If you encounter a link in the translation please leave the link and html code as it is and translate only the words preceding and after the link.
There is no need to translate tags, only the text!
<a href="/rules/link">%1 Text</a>
Quite often you will encounter items as the following example %1
There is no need to translate these symbols. Please leave them in their relative positions untouched. Once again translate only the Text.
Some phrases have plural forms, so if you see a 'yes' in the plural column it means that you will need to enter two or more forms of translation depending on the language. Best example is a phrase which remains constant but is preceded by such terms as 1 day, 1 week, or 1 month etc.
Due to the volunteer nature of this work all changes can be made by all translators, which means that you can correct and delete the versions of other translators, but make sure to leave comments.
This is a high level of trust given to you. To avoid possible conflicts please be in touch with other active translators within your language area and discuss any changes.
It is important that we work as a Team and see our goal only as the overall benefit of KAT and not as a competition to have as many lines or Edits under One Team Members username.
Team effort is the strongest and clearest path to a good translation of the site whilst rushing for a higher % could be disruptive.
While you translate stick to following guidelines:
- If it is possible - try to make the translated phrase not longer than the original.
- If a phrase turns out to be too long and there is no way to shorten it, please notify Mr.White9236 .
- Please ensure that the phrase fits the context and check the description field and the original website.
- Synchronize all terms like username, userpic, community, etc. with other translators. Be sure that you use the same term in the whole translation.
Once you receive the translator status you have access to the translation panel. The Translator Status makes you a member of the Kickass people but we are still governed by the the site rules and have no power over other users.
Upon receiving the Status of Translator please send a pm to other members in your language team as a courtesy.
Not everyone is online at the same time as we are Global and often a new member appears and other team members may well have missed any notification.
It is also greatly appreciated when you drop a post in this thread Thread: Translators by Language .
A final reminder.
Please make sure that you stick within your language/languages and don't try to edit the ones that you don't know or haven't learned.
There might be more than one translator for each language and for some phrases each translator might offer their own translation. In this case you can discuss the versions in comment section attached as a small symbol on the right of each translation.
All comments must be in English. This is to ensure that Mr.White can understand the issue and make a final judgment should it occur that no agreement on which version to be used is made.
(The best solution for such issues is to cross reference similar translations used on other websites)
In all discussions please try not to insult other translators and keep everything professional. We do not impose any special rules for translators, but if you tend to create conflict situations you might loose the access to the translation web interface and the Translator status.
And at last.
Should a Translator lose their status they are returned to former status. The Title Former Translator is reserved for those members that were active and now retired. It is a title of recognition for their time and effort which is greatly appreciated.
Mr.White9236 is responsible for the Entire Translation Team Area so in case of conflict, insults or other translation issues please notify him via a personal message.