KAT Official Member Memorial / Remembrance Day Thread

Gryffon19.31K Super User
01 June 2010
image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

Please be respectful while at the official

KAT Member Memorial

Framed Image - "Lost At Sea" by Ex-Gamer34.37K

Here at Kickass Torrents we understand the value of each and every member of our world beating community. We are, however, acutely aware that behind all our members there is a living, breathing soul, and it is sadly inevitable that as the site, and it's members age people pass on and we will lose valued members.

Therefore we have created a Kat Member Remembrance Day where ALL our lost shipmates, no matter how popular, will be forever remembered and honored annually on this special day.

image image image
'Words' by wrong user link

This thread along with the AfT3RLiF3 Eternity Award will be a place where those members who pass on can be remembered. A place for other users to reflect on their times with a particular member who has died, but had some effect on their time here. A place on KAT where people can look up an old 'friend' who has passed away. Leave a message here or, visit a lost shipmates wall for a more personal touch.

Simply, a place where it is possible for ANY user, no matter how popular or important, to always be remembered as a valued member of KAT.
Please, use this Day, and this thread to remember our lost shipmates, but also to celebrate them and the part they played in making Kickass Torrents the greatest torrent site community on earth!

Please be respectful when commenting here.
Contact Gryffon19.31K OR an administrator to inform us of a lost shipmate who you believe should be added to the Honor Roll.

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

Members Lost At Sea

image LostSoul~6427 image

image L4zyBear21.28K image

image darkhomr48.91K image

image Smittech141.46K image

image EEwalford6572 image

image Sir_GicaLL2533 image

image HectorAU15.86K image

image Infinity.21.41K image

image crzdolmn55563.73K image

image IDKwhoToBe32.52K image

On April 10th each year, members will receive a Special Achievement when logging in. This 'cheevo' is a reminder to existing members - and a prompt to future unaware members - that this thread exists.

It's sole purpose is to bring to your attention annually, the fact that there have been members before you who have played a role in making this website and it's community what is is today, and that they are no longer with us. It is of course, entirely up to you how you choose to 'Remember' our lost shipmates.

Image by Ex-Gamer34.37K

Last edited by Mr.Prairi3DoG, 2 weeks ago

Hellboy157.84K KAT Staff
10 February 2011
RIP All, i really miss Smittech, KAT is not the same without him around, and of course L4zyBear, may they all be sailing in the great pirate seas above!
eastlondondon8515 Uploader
26 March 2014
Great thread Gryffon19.31K RIP to all that have passed away
Onchu12.1K Super User
08 October 2013
Infinity.21.41K I only found out your left us last week! when I came here on the first KAT Remembrance Day, I'm so sorry you had to leave so young, I will really miss the spamming and your sense of humor RIP.
Gryffon19.31K Super User
01 June 2010
Through Oceans foam and and bouncing waves
we traveled the torrent seas,
And I journey now without you mates
for it's still a Pirate's life for me...

Rest, and be at peace, we will fly a flag for you each year!
AgentEncore64.9K Verified uploader
28 March 2012
All those lost shall be remembered
JakeDuke6652 Super User
07 April 2015
Infinity.21.41K I can't... dizzy You were one of the first people I spoke to here and as I got to know you I started loving how cynical yet logical, how refined yet humble a guy you were.

I'm going to miss you, our talks, your critical movie reviews and your rich music recommendations. I'm going to treasure all the long ass movie reviews you sent me.

You had been on my back for watching this movie, Synecdoche New York, so that we could discuss it and now I fucking hate myself for not watching it. I will though and no matter how the movie turns out to be.. for me it will be and remain the greatest movie of all time as you had said it was.

You will be deeply missed, you music snob. Deeply deeply missed. Rest in peace.

Here's your favorite song for the last time.

suicyco60.55K KAT Elite Mod
20 November 2012
I had the pleasure to call smitty a good friend and his loss will haunt me forever .... A good friend and a true kat legend who gave his all here.....
I will always miss you buddy ...
I know L4zyBear and smitty are still modding up there ......

Forever in our hearts guys and never forgotten
Madré38.87K Translator
15 September 2013
Reading the names on the list and with the latest death of Infinity.21.41K it made me think. Live everyday as if it is your last day. Here today...gone tomorrow. Love and cherish each other. You never know if you will see your loved ones tomorrow. Sad but true. Smitty...We miss yousad
TrntHntr4mCal20.48K Translator
17 September 2015
They shall grow not old,
as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them,
nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun
and in the morning,

We will remember them.

Report a bug Open chat